What’s in your toolbox? Do you have the tools you need to handle simple household electrical chores? Many electrical projects require the expertise of professionals. However, homeowners can save on service and repairs with the use of a few simple gadgets. The following essentials will allow you to complete a variety of projects for your electrical service in Kentucky.
- Electrical Tape: One of the most basic homeowner tools, electrical tape comes in handy in a variety of projects. Its purpose is to cover and insulate wire. It is flexible and provides long-lasting insulation. It’s a must-have for nearly any electrical installation or repair.
- Needle-Nosed Pliers: Many electrical projects require reaching into tight spaces to bend or snip pieces of wire. These specialized pliers allow you to complete this intricate task.
- Wire Stripper: Often, the rubber or plastic insulation around cable and wire must be removed. This is done so bare ends of wires can make contact with other wiring. You’ll need to do this to install new fixtures or outlets or to rewire old systems.
- Lineman’s Pliers: Shaped differently than needle-nosed pliers, this tool is typically used for more heavy-duty tasks. You’ll need these for gripping, twisting and cutting heavy wire and cable. They can also be used for hammering nails or wire staples into place.
- Battery Tester: Do you have a junk drawer littered with old batteries? Avoid throwing out good batteries (or cluttering your house with bad ones) by using a battery tester. These are available in digital or analog.
- Multimeter: Many electrical issues involve checking parts, outlets, or other items for proper electrical functioning. Multimeters check AC or DC voltage, current, and resistance, to allow you to diagnose malfunctions. These are available in a variety of formats, varying from simple to more complex, in both digital and analog.
- Circuit Tester: Ever wonder if your appliance is broken or if the outlet is simply bad? Find out with a circuit tester. This easy-to-use tool plugs into your electrical outlet to determine if electricity is present.
These affordable tools will help you complete many DIY projects. However, always feel free to contact the pros for any issues with your electrical service in Kentucky. The experts at CDI Electric Inc. are ready to assist you with projects big and small.
Contact CDI Electric Inc. today at 859-291-9189 for industry-leading service to complete all your electrical projects.